As Americans, we have abundant choices in virtually everything. From the cars we drive to the food we eat, freedom of choice is a defining part of our country. Here’s our top 10 list of things you can choose to buy (and one which you can’t):
1. Dogs: Looking for a furry friend? There are 340 dog breeds in the world, not to mention the many different mixed breeds that exist.
2. Ice cream: The free market has never looked (or tasted) better. Craving a delicious treat? Don’t worry, you’ll have ample choice, because the cream scene is changing every day – from your classic mint chip to the wilder flavors like rainbow sherbet, the options are endless.
3. Haircuts: There are an infinite amount of awesome haircuts you can get – from the ever classy Mohawk to the now popular man bun (disclaimer: Fuel Freedom does not endorse mohawks). The possibilities are endless!
4. Coffee: Here in America, there are infinite possibilities for coffee. From the tall soy no-whip mocha frappuccino with extra caramel to the ever-reliable black java, the choice is yours!
5. Selfie sticks: Surprise! Not only do selfie sticks exist, they’re also customizeable, and come in a variety of colors and sizes (disclaimer: Fuel Freedom really, really does not endorse selfie sticks).
6. Hats: Whether it’s a boat hat, a cowboy hat, or a beret, you have ample choice in cranial accessories.
7. Chocolate: There are enough chocolate options in the world to make Willy Wonka proud. Seriously – dark chocolate, milk chocolate, sea salt caramel infused chocolate, red velvet chocolate – the list goes on and on.
8. Music: Luckily, we have a tremendous amount of musical choice that you can listen to at the drop of a hat (well except for Taylor Swift on Spotify, but that’s OK).
9. Cars: We’re lucky to have a wide variety of car sizes, and brands to drive. Enough types in fact, to find one that works for everyone.
10. Candidates: OK, so some people might quibble about the choices during any campaign season. But the selection process was exhaustive, to say the least. Here’s one nobody had a beef with: Robert Redford (in “The Candidate,” from 1972):
11. Fuels: With so many transportation options, you’d think the same courtesy would be extended to the fuels we put in our car. Unfortunately, this isn’t the case: Gasoline has been virtually our only option for fueling up at the pump for more than a century now. At Fuel Freedom Foundation, we’re working to break the monopoly on transportation fuels and bring choice to you, America.
Join the movement: http://www.fuelfreedom.org/take-action/
And don’t forget to vote today!
- You have the inalienable right to high octane
- We owe it to our veterans to end oil addiction
- Americans need fuel choice